Thursday, October 9, 2008

A royal visit

Jennifer As I may have mentioned before, everyone in my department gets a scheduling email from our advisor at the start of every week. Tomorrow we will be having a visitor. I quote from the email:



... Carl Philip will come to EBC on Friday (the Swedish prince). He will be given a medal by the "landshövdingen" and there will be some mingel. I was invited to attend, but I dont know anything more about his visit.

Here are my plans for this week:

....

Friday, October 10
13:00 Mingling with the Prince
15:45 Lake metagenomics (<me>, Z.)


I refuse to be impressed by the fact that the prince is visiting our department. I am no particular fan of royalty, and this prince seems to be a little dim. I would rather see either of his two sisters, oldest sibling crown princess Victoria (who sounds a little sharper) or youngest sibling Madeleine (the fun one who does things like wear inappropriate clothing to the Nobel prize ceremonies). At the same time, I am irked to note that he is mingling (where? with whom? we peons have not been told) right before our project meeting; in other words, during the time when we should be busily preparing a summary of what we've been up to this week. You know, working, not living off the sweat of the people's brow. Hmph.

(...don't worry, I'll let you know if I do manage to see him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment